Grant Thornton is a Nominee for the 2019 Uganda Responsible Investment Award (URI Award) slated for 22nd November 2019 during a High Level Uganda Responsible Investment Summit and Award Ceremony. The 2019 Uganda Responsible Investment Summit and Award Ceremony is organised by Public Opinions and Office of the Minister of State for Privatisation and Investment. The award is offered to Companies and organisations which promote and uphold International Best Standards and Practices and have made tremendous contributions towards attainment of Uganda Vision 2040 and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Grant Thornton started operation in Uganda on 13th July 2001. The Company employee over 110 Ugandans and operate a annual Corporate Social Responsibility budget of 200 Million shillings to help support Disadvantaged communities in Uganda. We continue to work with Information Dissemination Firms to create public awareness on Uganda Vision 2040 and Financial Literacy.
Grant Thornton Uganda is driven by a simple ambition: to be the only choice for dynamic businesses
OUR ADVISORY SERVICES
Dynamic organisations need a broad range of advisory services to support their ambition and growth.
As your business grows, our advisory services are designed to help you achieve your goals. Successful growth often means navigating a complex array of opportunities, challenges and risks.
Our experienced practitioners are available to help you understand, adapt to and overcome the various obstacles that may stand in the way.
Why Grant Thornton
Because you know your own businesses, we’ll listen to your needs. As part of the advisory process, we ask questions and pay attention to your responses. Rather than relying on off-the-shelf services that could loosely fit a range of clients, challenges and markets, we develop solutions tailored to your organisation and its unique requirements and objectives.
As a global organisation of member firms, we offer:
- integrated cross-border solutions
- strong collaborative networks
- centralised tools, methodologies and delivery models.
Business risk services
- internal audit
- governance and risk management
- risk modelling services
- operational advisory and improvement services.
- M&A advisory
- capital markets
- project financing
- due diligence
- feasibility studies
CORPORATE ACCOUNTING AND OUTSOURCING
Obtaining a strategic advantage
Dynamic organisations need to focus their energies on driving the business forward and outsourcing could help you achieve this.
Transferring certain services to a third party not only allows you to concentrate on your core business, it can also improve efficiency and cut costs.
Whatever the size of your organisation or wherever you are in the world, we apply both reason and instinct to make sure your business is running as effectively as possible.
When it comes to outsourcing, we don’t believe in off-the-shelf solutions. We listen carefully to your business needs and deliver comprehensive, efficient and confidential services.
- accountancy and book keeping
- agreements and MOUs
- BPO (where we run all or part of your finance/ accounting department)
- business licences
- formation and incorporation of companies
- fund management
- global mobility
- monthly management accounts
- payroll outsourcing
- statutory company secretarial compliance and consulting
- wealth management
- work permit processing.
Vision: To be the leading business advisors to dynamic organizations by helping them unlock their potential for growth.
Mission: Our mission, as an organization of professionals, is to service our clients by understanding them and helping them identify their needs. We are committed to providing the most efficient and expeditious services, while always maintaining the highest ethical standards
Core Aims and Objectives:
- Growing Together with our people: We will create an exceptional ‘Grant Thornton people experience’ in every country and invest in the development of transformational leaders. In short, we want our people to love working at Grant Thornton.
- Growing Together with our clients: We will create an exceptional ‘Grant Thornton client experience’ for our clients in every part of the world. In short, we want our clients to love working with Grant Thornton.
- Growing Together across our organization: We will build technology and processes that enable us to provide our exceptional client service efficiently, seamlessly and securely at home and across borders. We will empower our people by providing them with access to knowledge, tools and methodologies; and connect them with each other and with our clients to leverage our collective capability.
- Growing Together with our markets and communities; We will identify and seize growth opportunities in our markets that support our strategy; and build our future client base. We take the responsibility towards our society, will always include the contribution and actions in our annual strategy and will always do the work selflessly throughout the year. Every year in September Grant Thornton celebrates Global CSR day. Attached is the document explaining the contribution.
Our CLEAR values
As well as a distinctive global culture, we have developed six core principles, known as our CLEAR values.
Collaboration: ask for help, give help – we work well together
Leadership: have courage and inspire others – we challenge each other to be the best we can be
Excellence: find a better way every time – we never get complacent
Agility: think broadly, act quickly – we thrive in change
Respect: listen and understand, be forthright – we create honest relationships
Responsibility: use influence wisely – we own our actions
- Audit and Assurance
- Tax Compliance and Consultancy
- Business Process Solutions
- Advisory Services
FULL CORPORATE ADDRESS
2nd Floor, Wing B&C
Plot 42, Lugogo Bypass
PO Box 7158 Kampala, Uganda