Fabrication Systems Uganda Limited (FSUL) is a Nominee for the 2019 Uganda Responsible Investment Award (URI Award) slated for 22nd November 2019 during a High Level Uganda Responsible Investment Summit and Award Ceremony. The 2019 Uganda Responsible Investment Summit and Award Ceremony is organised by Public Opinions and Office of the Minister of State for Privatisation and Investment. To be honoured in appreciation of its contribution towards attainment of Uganda Vision 2040 and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals in Uganda.
Fabrication Systems Uganda Limited (FSUL) was established in 2009 at a small scale in response to the growing need for international standard fabrication products and services in East Africa to a demanding customer base.
RISE OF FABRICATION SYSTEMS
Fabrication Systems is a rapidly growing and expanding fabrication company since its establishment and has become one of the market leaders in the region.
FSUL is a part of CYAD Group who is involved in:
- a) Steel Fabrication - warehouse, I beam structure, roof structure, fuel tanks, water tanks,
- b) General Fabrication – racking & shelving systems, mezzanine floor, kiosk, tents, gazebos
- c) Signage Fabrication – internal & external signage, light boxes, pylon signs, 3D signs, lit and non-lit signs
- d) Aluminum Fabrication – windows & doors, office partition, structural glazing, curtain walling, suspended ceiling & cladding
- e) Civil Work & Turnkey Projects – Warehouse building, factory building from earth work up to handover of the building
- f) Elevators & Escalators – supply and installation of lifts & escalators for Brand OTIS and maintenance of elevators & escalators for all brands
Fabrication Systems started with 9 permanent staff but currently employs over 250 permanent & temporary staff with 90% being Ugandans.
In a bid to expand further, the company invested heavily on 5 acre land in Banda. The total investment of FSUL stands at approx. US$ 4 million and the new unit is functioning in full swing.
- US$ 4 M current investment
- US$ 1.5M expansion plan
- UGX 700M turnover in 2009
- UGX 31Billion turnover in 2019
- 9 permanent staff in 2009 to over 250 staff in 2019
- Trained various welders, fitters, admin & commercial staff, machine operators, developed sub-contractors,
- Accreditation to international bodies
- Membership to various organizations in Uganda
FSUL has worked for an impressive list of clients of national and international standing. Clients continue to give FSUL repeated business on the basis of their satisfaction with FSULrsquo;s quality work and competitive pricing. FSUL works for companies in demanding industries such as oil & gas, mining, construction, processing, beverages and many others. Some of FSUL’s larger clients include; Tullow Oil, Total Distribution and Cnooc in the Ugandan oil sector, while in the mining sector FSUL has been repeatedly contracted by AngloGold Ashanti. In construction we work with the main civil contractors including Roko Construction and Seyani International. In the beverage industry we count Century Bottling Company; Coca Cola, UBL and Nile Breweries to our clients.
FSUL has a through focus on business processes and the quality it delivers. Therefore FSUL has pursued and was awarded the ISO 9001:2008 – Quality Management System and BS OHSAS 18001:2007 – Occupational Health and Safety Management System certificates. Furthermore, FSUL is in the process of obtaining other international accreditations.
FSUL believes that the success of the company is directly related to the quality of its employees. The company believes in local empowerment and skill building of its employees. Therefore the company continuously invests in training its employees.
FSUL regularly holds middle management development training, training and certification of welders, quality inspectors and other vocationally skilled employees.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
FSUL is also keen in developing its community and people and has always tried to return back to the society for its development and growth. FSUL has contributed for BANDA Police Toilet project, Banda Football team, Blood donation
TO BE THE TRUSTED CONSTRUCTION PARTNER - TO BUILD, BRAND AND TRANSFORM EAST AFRICA’S INFRASTRUCTURE
FABRICATION SYSTEMS UGANDA LTD
Address: Plot 1457, Banda, Kireka, Off Jinja Road